Thursday 16 May 2013

Art : Baby portrait





As teachers how do we provide accurate, meaningful assessment, that students can access, both individually and their peers, in order to self and peer assess, inspire and support each other?

I have designed many feedback and assessment forms using my old friends Word and Powerpoint and diligently kept them in a folder in my classroom, ready to be marched out to students in order that they can respond to my comments and self assess their own work and show to heads of department, SLT, OFSTED etc. BUT, nothing I have yet used can compare to this! Yes I do need to see the work in the flesh in order to be able to feedback with authority and understanding of the work handed in, but I can mark and respond to pieces anywhere, anytime with smartphone or laptop. So can the students. This is a HW I only set this week, for GCSE students to start blogging their art (indeed some have longstanding blogs I didn't know about).

I enjoy seeing the fantastic work that my students produce, but now these can be shared with staff across the entire school- form teachers, heads of year can comment and leave praise, progress can be tracked, posts can be tagged according to subject, parents and family members can also share in the work students are creating. I have only just scratched the surface, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how this will develop- very excited


Art : Baby portrait: I used black pencil to draw it instead of lead to try to shade without smudging. I then used a bright contrasting background to make the f...

No comments:

Post a Comment